Cloud computing, meaning storing and accessing data and programs via the internet rather than on the hard drive, is the basic definition IT professionals and novices alike already understand. However, this brief explanation doesn’t encapsulate the tremendous potential cloud computing technology holds both now and in the future. Times have changed, but they will continue to change, and your business needs to be prepared to keep up with the evolution in order to stay competitive.
That’s where this article comes in. Veracity Networks has gathered the knowledge of cloud computing experts to give you a broader understanding of both current and future technology that will soon come into play, whether you’re ready for it or not.
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- What cloud computing is in its current state
- What emerging cloud computing technology is on the horizon
- How much cloud computing is expected to grow
- How cloud computing can up the quality of your business communications
So keep reading and then let’s chat!
An In-Depth Explanation of Current Cloud Computing Technology
Cloud computing in its current state is bigger and better than ever. You may be interested in these six 2019 statistics regarding cloud computing, reported by TechJury:
- The three sectors that spend the most budget on cloud computing services are manufacturing, professional services, and banking.
- The average employee uses 36 cloud-based services daily.
- The average enterprise employs about 1,400 cloud-based apps.
- By the end of the year, companies will store 83% of their workload on the cloud.
- Within the first few months of adopting cloud computing, 80% of companies report improvements in operation.
- Both small and medium businesses agree that using a third-party cloud platform is 40% more cost-effective than using their own in-house system.
- Significant improvement in online security after migrating their data to the cloud is reported by 94% of businesses.
Cloud computing helps businesses every day stay connected and up-to-date in real-time and from anywhere. Ultimately, it eliminates barriers to mobility, reduces workforce management frustration, and increases individual and team productivity.
The Strategic Capabilities of Technologically Advanced Cloud Computing
More advanced cloud computing technologies enable the following strategic capabilities for real growth:
- Digital Transformation: This leads to cultural shifts, rapid learning, automation, optimization, and agile response.
- DevOps: This yields faster deployment, efficient recoveries, innovation, flexibility, and a reduction of risk.
- IaC Pipeline: This allows for quick adaptation of infrastructure.
- High-Velocity Development: This adapts new technology and process-level tweaks.
- Tool Selection: This teaches better understanding of the common stacks of tools from IaC to Continuous Integration and Deployment, Configuration Management, and Monitoring.
- Migration: This includes several layers of planning and layers of disciplines.
The Future Technology Trends in Cloud Computing
The best predictors of future technology trends in cloud computing are the experts who are in the trenches every day, but who also have a wide view into the possibilities that are on the verge of emerging.
When asked the question, “How do you see the future of cloud computing?” Tim O’Neal, CEO and Co-Founder of Kazuhm, had this to say to TechRadar Pro regarding the future of cloud computing for all industries:
“Most companies will benefit from a combination of cloud and private infrastructure–mixed ecosystems that offer cost efficiencies and requisite security controls, along with optimizing compute capacity and existing IT investments.”
In regards to the possibility of an increase in cloud consultancies to help address organizations’ growing cloud expenditures, Tim had this to say:
“As the cloud increases in popularity, I expect consultancies will see a parallel influx, as they will help organizations evaluate how and where to use the cloud.”
Alex Hilton, chief executive of the Cloud Industry Forum (CIF), reported to Raconteur:
“Cloud is the generator for the next wave of technologies, the enabler for all the exciting developments.”
So does cloud computing have a future? The same Raconteur article quotes expert Kevin Curran, professor of cybersecurity at Ulster University, as saying:
“This massive cloud computing power with instant response will make intelligence on demand available for everyone, everywhere. New business models, where devices are boosted by inexhaustible cloud-based resources, will begin to emerge.”
Cloud Computing Future Growth
Just how “massive” will cloud computing’s future growth be? Twenty-eight percent of spending in key IT segments will shift to the cloud by 2022. This will equal a staggering $1.3 trillion.
Why are companies so eager to spend so much on cloud computing? Simply put, it’s all about getting high-quality computer services and solutions. With instant access to better resources, rapid innovations, and different economies, cloud computing can make all the difference in the agility, flexibility, and scalability of a business.
How Your Business Communications Can Advance with Cloud Computing
While the advantages are tremendous, to gain them you must prepare your business for the imminent future by choosing the right cloud-based system. Otherwise, you chance wasting your investment.
To ensure you get all the features and benefits you expect and more, choose Veracity Networks’ Cloud Communications and Collaboration Suite. With this robust, all-inclusive unified communications platform, you’ll stay connected to everyone, everywhere, all the time.
Veracity Networks delivers:
- Industry-leading voice and data network
- Managed voice and data solutions
- On-site SBC deployment
- Professional implementation, installation, and training
- World-class service with a local touch
If your future is in the cloud, get a quote today!